Wednesday, June 15, 2011

missing pieces and houses of light...a few days in Atlantic City

I realized a few weeks ago I never walked on the boardwalk in Atlantic City.  I have been on it. Once or twice after a dance compititon when I was a kid, and a few times at night to smoke a ciggarette and feel some fresh air. But I had never walked the boards in AC. 




We started at the dodgey end and ended at the dodgey end, and what was in betweeen didn't really suprise me or knock me off my feet.  But I did find a few places that were picture and memory worthy.  I don't know why, maybe it's the cliche contrast or the amazement of neglect, but these places caught my eye.  For some reason AC reminded me of that little christmas tree in Charlie Brown Christmas. I wonder if anyone one is gonna put a blanket around it, or just build another hotel to hide it from the tourists?

No comments:

Post a Comment