Monday, May 30, 2011

this is only the Beginning....

I have finally begun the journey that I have ignored, postponed, and feared for the past five years. For some reason, I believed that if I started selling my fathers belongings I wouldn't be able to keep his memory and spirit alive.  That these "things" were the only connection I had left and by surrounding myself with them he would never truly be gone.
I now know that is not true.  That those thoughts never lead you out of the prison of your own grief, they only have a stronger grip on you. Even worse, thoughts like that can lead to hoarding, and being the organized person I am, hoarding is not in my future.

So the shop is open on the interwebnets, Etsy to be precise, and the digital shelves are slowly filling up.

I named it Back To Mono....after one of my favorite box sets by the brilliant (albeit insane) producer Phil Spector.  His heyday was a simpler time, when girl groups sang about love and the ones that filled their heart with it. Boys sang of heartache and the struggle of their emotions.  And no matter how sad the song, it always had some hint of tenderness, a soft, comforting feeling. I miss that in music.

I am officially on my way, and I'm documenting this journey so I can look back and see where it takes me.  It should be one hell of a ride......

No comments:

Post a Comment